How can I be docked 23MB of data when my phone is turned off overnight?
d2lover

I just got a new phone (Razr Maxx HD) with the 2GB limited plan. I went from unlimited to limited, so I've been keeping an eye on how much I'm being charged for the simple things I do daily - check emails, weather, Facebook.

I noticed when I checked my usage online this morning that at 6:23am, when my phone was OFF (I turned it off to charge last night) it said I used 23MB of data. On what? That's a lot of data considering it was one of the higher amounts listed on the entire list since I got the phone a week ago.

Anyone know how this happens? Or what settings I need to check to make sure this doesn't continue to happen?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I be docked 23MB of data when my phone is turned off overnight?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to ensure that background data is turned off and that your apps are not set to auto-update.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

He said his phone was turned off.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not all data is counted as soon as you use it. You may want to get an app to track your data usage, then make the comparison over time. That will probably give you a better indication of how close Verizon's numbers are compared to yours. Then, if there is a big difference, you can call CS to find out what is going on.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Very true. I use My Data Manager as it posts data usage live. In the 9 months of using it, VZW data is always a few MB less than the program shows.

0 Likes