How can I change my lock screen clock display back to single line?
GUNNIBRONCO1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung J3V and it just updated.  The new lock screen clock display is 2 lines stacked, I want it back to the single line (aka: normal, readable) display.  The stacked clock display sucks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I change my lock screen clock display back to single line?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go through the security settings. If it was a system update, you might not be able to change it back.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GUNNIBRONCO1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thanks I tried that, and it was a system update.  I guess I'm stuck with this.  Who thought this was a good 'look' for a clock?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google and Samsung.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FBOTSC
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update did the same thing to my phone, but did not do it to my husband's phone - which is the EXACT same model of phone (Samsung J320v). Something is wrong, if the update isn't handling the time display the same way. Or, it would suggest that there is a way to adjust it.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/lock screen/clock

settings/privacy

0 Likes
FBOTSC
Enthusiast - Level 2

On these phones Samsumg J320V, under Settings, there is a lock screen & security option (not just lock screen), and under that option, there is no "clock" option.

I managed to get a hold of a Verizon customer service agent via FB Msg, and was told there is no way to undo the change, as it was part of the update. However, he has NOT responded to me about why my husband, who has the exact same phone and got the same update, did not have his time display affected. Will post what he tells me, if and when, he responds. 

0 Likes
FBOTSC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update to last post - after further 'dialog' with Verizon, they said there is nothing they can do about the time format change in the last update, so who ever doesn't like it will have to contact Samsung. I guess that means they're essentially telling their customers - "not my problem" since they only provide the service and not the actual phone/updates (even though they promote their customers to buy the phone). How nice!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FBPTSC, I understand your frustration. When a phone does a software update, it's like getting a new phone. If there's a glitch in the software, it's possible to effect some devices and not all. We recommend contacting the manufacture at: 888-987-4357 for additional assistance.

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GUNNIBRONCO1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, somehow the clock display is back to the old normal display.  Hopefully it stays that way.  Thanks for the responses.

0 Likes