How can I delete more than one email with DROID Turbo
wrkeen

New DROID Turbo. Don't know how to delete all emails (no select all option?)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I delete more than one email with DROID Turbo
Snn5
Legend

The rep was saying to long press the first message and THEN that message stays highlighted and THEN you can tap all other desired emails to select for deletion.  It's a lot like using a PC keyboard and holding CTRL+left click to select 1 item or CTRL+A to select all.

View solution in original post

firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Try holding down on one email, then selecting the others. If you're using GMAIL - that might work. Currently on iOS so I'm not 100%

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

If you are using G-Mail the block all the way to the left usually with a letter in it. Click on one and it will change to a checkmark, then click on the rest you want to delete and hit the trash can icon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I like the convenience of deleing multiple messages too, wrkeen. Are you using Gmail for your email or another source? If another email address, are you using the native Email application on the phone or one from Google's Play Store?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
wrkeen

Using Comcast.net for email

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the reply, wrkeen. If you're using the native email application on your Turbo, you should be able to press and hold one email in your inbox then the option to select multiple emails will become available. Comcast also has a special application, Xfinity Connect, for their emails. If you're using their application, please reach out to Comcast directly for email assistance.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

Hilltownroots

Jennifer,

I am able to select multiple email messages but only one-at-a-time. Holding on one message (as you mentioned in your previous reply to another post), does not present me with the option to "Select All" or similar (like I can on my former Samsung Siii). If I pick up my messages on my desktop, then I want to delete them on my phone using the native email application (Droid Turbo). Please reply with the steps necessary to accomplish this simple task.

0 Likes
DeniseV32

I found the simplest and fastest way is to go onto another computer... a lap or desk top is preferred.  Click the scroll bar and hold until the bar stops scrolling.  At that point, click the small square on the top left, then click delete and follow the pop up directions.  I deleted about 3000+ emails within five minutes as opposed to deleting each individual, which could take hours !

Good luck !

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The rep was saying to long press the first message and THEN that message stays highlighted and THEN you can tap all other desired emails to select for deletion.  It's a lot like using a PC keyboard and holding CTRL+left click to select 1 item or CTRL+A to select all.