How can I free up internal memory on my Droid Pro?
loving2216

Hi, for the last few weeks i have received that lil triangle in the circle saying that i have run low on internal memory/storage. I have cleaned up my sd card and attempted to move apps to but they i can not do so. The few apps that I have left on my phones internal memory are smaller and my phone should be able to handle it. I am left to try and remove system programs which obviously i can not do. It is so bad that my phone is actually rejecting incoming text messages, most of the time i do not even get notified of this happening. It is driving me nutz. If i use my browser or any app i have to remember to clear my my cache or history so there is just a lil bit space to allow my messages to come in. If it feels like taking it. Does anyone know what or how I can get to the internal storage to clear more things out? I have hooked my phone up to the pc, did the verizon mobile stuff, just about everything my enough to be technical dangerous but not enough to do this for a living brain can think off? Help please. This is a Droid Pro. I love this phone and do not want to get rid of it. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I free up internal memory on my Droid Pro?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you done a system cached clear??

(Steps may vary slightly but should be close)

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select.

Are you storing pictures or music on the phone?  Move them to the SD card.