How can I get 4g LTE oin France on a Verizon HTC one. Is there any solution?
dallil

Hello Everyone,

I got a Verizon HTC one in France. I would like to get 4g LTE here but it seems like it is locked.

Will i be able to get it with an S-Off rooted and custom ROM device?

Or is there a much simpler solution?

Thanks

Dallil

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get 4g LTE oin France on a Verizon HTC one. Is there any solution?
Snn5
Legend

All Verizon 4G phones are unlocked by default.  We could not comment on any unofficial methods or procedures.  With active service and phone activation, you should have no issue on a stock HTC One in regards to LTE as long as you have LTE coverage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I get 4g LTE oin France on a Verizon HTC one. Is there any solution?
Snn5
Legend

All Verizon 4G phones are unlocked by default.  We could not comment on any unofficial methods or procedures.  With active service and phone activation, you should have no issue on a stock HTC One in regards to LTE as long as you have LTE coverage.

0 Likes
dallil

Hello,

What do you mean by activation?

When I go to my settings my network preferences are locked with a code.

What's the official solution then?

Thanks

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My solution would be to call Verizon or visit a corporate store to inquire about service and activation.  Did you get this phone from Verizon first-hand or from some other place?  Seems suspect that it would be locked.  You would also need a Verizon SIM unless you planned on using it with another carrier, in which case you would need that carrier's SIM and even then, you might not get the full range of capabilities.

0 Likes
dallil

You are right i didn't get it from Verizon first hand. I was given this phone. So i should contact Verizon US? they should be able to help me with it?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, you really need to buy a phone from a carrier in your country if you are not in the US.  That's really all I can say.  A LOT of people come here from other countries trying to get a US Verizon phone to work in foreign lands.  It just never works out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dallil,

I can certainly assist you with your device inquiry. When wanting to use a non-branded Verizon Wireless device on our network, it does need to be unlocked first by the carrier whose lock code is in that device. It also needs to support a LTE Band of 13/4 (700/1700 MHz respectively). So long as the following specifications are met, you can then place our 4G/LTE SIM card into that device for use. Please be aware however that we cannot guarantee use of all services once our SIM card has been inserted into that HTC One. If it's a VZW branded handset, it simply needs the unlock code of the last carrier and there will be no issues once our SIM card is inserted into it.

Hope this helps!

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes