How can I increase the range of phone service at my home?
ED1760

How can I increase the range of phone service at my home?  Limited or poor service at rear of house; fine reception at front door.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Range of phone service
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Enable Advanced Calling and WiFi calling on your device if it is capable or purchase a network extender.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Enable Advanced Calling and WiFi calling on your device if it is capable or purchase a network extender.

0 Likes
ED1760

If I setup the Advanced Calling feature and WiFi calling, would the benefit be limited to the time the Samsung 6 is in range of my household WiFi?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No. If your service is poor and you're connected to a WiFi network you should be able to have call functionality.

Please search the vzw.com website for details of Advanced Calling and WiFi Calling.

0 Likes
ED1760

OK.  Thanks for the info, I'll try it.

0 Likes
djbs12170806
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first thing to do would be to check the coverage map and make sure that you have LTE coverage in your area.

I would also suggest resetting your network settings as this will reconnect you to the nearest tower.

If you continue to experience an issue after that, there are network extenders available for purchase to boost the signal from the tower to your location.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

range extender

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ED1760, we want you to have reliable service in your home. Let's look into this further to get this issue resolved. What kind of phone do you have? How long have you been experiencing this issue? What is your ZIP Code?

YeseniaV_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ED1760

Device is a Samsung Galaxy S 6. Service has been poor quality since

arrival in AZ in early December. Zip code is 85375. Prior suggestion was

to reset the network settings. How is that accomplished? Second

suggestion was to consider purchasing a network extender. More info

available? Thank you.

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 4:25 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes