How can I prevent the Verizon preset contacts from always re-appearing?
jeff43772-9687

I have a Motorola Droid Maxx 2.  I am using the regular Contacts app that came with the phone.  It seems that Verizon has a number of preset contacts, such as dialing shortcuts for obtaining balance information, making a payment, and others.  While these may be helpful and useful, some are not even applicable to me (just as an example, I have my account already set up for automatic payments, so there is no need for me to ever manually make a payment).  Is there any way to permanently hide these preset contacts from Verizon?  I have attempted to delete them, but it says they are "read only."  I have hidden them temporarily by customizing the "contacts to view," but in an hour or two, they are all back again.  In other words, my custom view settings don't stay configured that way.  I am attempting to streamline the appearance of my contacts list.  I even tried using a third-party Contacts app.

Also, my e-mail address has changed to [removed]  I do not see any way to update that part of the profile.  So any replies I may receive to my old e-mail address will not be seen.

Thank you for any assistance.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I prevent the Verizon preset contacts from always re-appearing?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you change the Contact name from #BAL, #PMT or whatever, to ZZBal or ZZPmt, then they will move to the bottom of your list rather than appearing at the top. 

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you change the Contact name from #BAL, #PMT or whatever, to ZZBal or ZZPmt, then they will move to the bottom of your list rather than appearing at the top. 

bearone21
Legend

good tip, that is irritating seeing them at the top!!!!

0 Likes