How can I view my old text messages or save the ones I currently have?
animalhouse93

I currently am between two phones. Before I return one to Verizon, I need to be assured that a group of text messages are saved. I have some on my old phone and some different ones on the new phone. How can I see them in the Cloud and be assured they are saved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I view my old text messages or save the ones I currently have?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saving text messages is easy, animalhouse93. If they are on the Verizon Cloud when you switch out your device, they should show up when you download the Verizon cloud on your new device. Make sure that you restore your message fro the Verizon Cloud on you new device. Here is how: http://vz.to/1FmlFH9 Unfortunately you cannot see your messages on the Verizon cloud from the desktop.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How can I view my old text messages or save the ones I currently have?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can backup the text messages with a application like SMS Backup and Restore from the Play Store. You can then use the file it generates after transferring it to the new Android phone and reinstalling the application to restore the text messages on the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes