How can you disable the Verizon CD Installer when the Galaxy S6 Edge is connected to USB?
baseballgc

The reason for this is that it interferes and ultimately prevents Android Auto from working correctly.  Even after waiting to select either Media or Camera for the USB connection, the CD installer re-checks the connection a few minutes later and breaks the connection for Android Auto.  I need to permanently disable it as this is a program I do not need to use.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can you disable the Verizon CD Installer when the Galaxy S6 Edge is connected to USB?
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I am not entirely sure which app is causing the CD installer to mount and prompt you. You can however disable any app that may be initializing this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can you disable the Verizon CD Installer when the Galaxy S6 Edge is connected to USB?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

baseballgc,

Thanks for utilizing our Community Forums today. We're always happy to address our customer's questions here. I certainly understand your concerns regarding the CD Installer. I'm not currently seeing an option to turn this option off permanently. However, the installer shouldn't be interrupting other programs.

Does the installer seem to interrupt a certain function? What are you typically processing that gets interrupted?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
baseballgc

Good Morning,

Actually, the installer interrupts the connection the phone has with my

vehicle for Android Auto or regular vehicle charging via the USB port.

Once I change the USB option to "MTP" or "Camera" to gain that connectivity

with the car, the phone eventually reverts back to the Verizon CD Installer

which makes the phone lose the USB connection with the car. It basically

makes Android Auto unusable. Which is bad if you are navigating at the

time the connectivity is lost.

Geoff

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

baseballgc

Thank you for the information. We want to make sure we get to the bottom of this. I know having your device function the way you desire it too is key. Have there been any changes in your settings recently? Any software updates?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
baseballgc

No changes or software updates to either my phone (S6 Edge) or the

vehicle. But this is clearly the USB CD Installer connection of the

phone....

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I am not entirely sure which app is causing the CD installer to mount and prompt you. You can however disable any app that may be initializing this.

0 Likes
baseballgc

It's not an app per se that does it. I have disabled all verizon

applications that are allowable. It is verizon's media transfer software

that tries to install. It is a separate partition on the phone that when

the USB connects, it starts before android asks you if you want to function

as a media or camera transfer device.

This appears to be a function built into the phones software by verizon

engineers.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is the default behavior on the Verizon phones when inserting any USB connection that isn't power to the phone. The CD Installer mounts to provide the Verizon Software Assistant, and some drivers for using the phone as a tethered Internet device.

On my old S3, there was a hidden menu that would allow me to adjust the Qualcomm USB mode. I used that to set my phone to go right to MTP mode by default and bypass the installer step. The menu was locked out and my settings were reverted when Android 4.3 came out. I have not managed to get back into that menu since, and I haven't put much time into figuring out how to disable the Installer functionality if it's just an Android package.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I know some people, including myself, use the following disable unecessary services:

Package Disabler Pro (Samsung) - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
baseballgc

I just tried it, but it appears the CD Installation is a partition issue

and starts an "autorun.iso" to act as a CD Installer. But the app you

linked to is definitely useful. Thank you

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 9:53 PM, nicholas_g <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes