How do I PERMANTLY remove NFL Mobile from my Droid Maxx?
Raafi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally have a phone that lets me uninstall the NFL mobile app.  But my Google updates constantly brings it back and updates it.

How can i block any app from being installed? How can I permanently remove the NFL Mobile app and never see it again?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I PERMANTLY remove NFL Mobile from my Droid Maxx?
RachelWalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had no problem removing this app ...First you go to main screen open apps find the nfl app and place finger on it then drag it to the top it should say app info at this point clear cache then clear data then un check show notifications then do a force stop once this is done go back to main screen then go back into apps once more it should be gone for good hope this helps 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe you are merely hiding the app. if it came preloaded on the phone when you bought it, you can not actually remove it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They should be able to disable it, though.

AZSALUKI
Legend

when you disable an app, will it still install updates?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure, since I keep automatic updates turned off (I like seeing what's going to be updated and how before allowing them to install).  That's an option for the OP, i.e., disable the app and turn off automatic updates in the Play Store settings.

0 Likes
tailynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may need to call in to verizon to make sure you don't have that as a feature or service in your account, I know a friend who had it for 4 months and didn't know it was still lurking on the account, in april....

0 Likes
RachelWalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had no problem removing this app ...First you go to main screen open apps find the nfl app and place finger on it then drag it to the top it should say app info at this point clear cache then clear data then un check show notifications then do a force stop once this is done go back to main screen then go back into apps once more it should be gone for good hope this helps 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like RachelWalker wrote, you need to uncheck the notifications for the application on the same screen where you disable it to keep it from telling you to update the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AZSALUKI Great question. If you disable an application updates will now be installed. The application would need to be active. Also, the NFL Mobile app can not be uninstalled if it is the preinstalled version.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Raafi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sheritah,,

As you are a verizon rep and we are paying customers, i would like to ask, why is it that we pay so much for a cell phone and yet we are stuck with unnecessary applications?

I presume NFL pays Verizon to put their apps preloaded, but it is my phone, and its not an app needed for the phone.  Is Verizon not making enough money from our monthly payments without the windfall subsidies from the NFL?