Re: How do I add speed dial to key pad on Droid Turbo 2?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FINE! Here are the device specific instructions. Ones that you could have looked for yourself and didn't change from the previous instructions given. Add a Speed Dial - DROID TURBO 2 BY MOTOROLA | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Thanks, Ann154

All that wine with no cheese. They could have done the same thing I did and just looked it up.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shandycat,

I know that having the ability to add speed dialing to your phone is a good feature. I have the first Turbo & wondered about this at one time. The only way to add speed dial is to add a widget to one of the home screens. For the Turbo 2, it is the same way. I’ve done some research & the Turbo2 does not have the capability to add speed dial to the dial pad numbers. You can always reach out to Motorola directly at 800-734-5870 to see if they have any other options.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shandycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response, AliciaS_VZW. I believe the original poster was looking to add speed dial numbers to the dial pad. I agree--I don't think you can do this in the Turbo 2.

However, the Turbo 2 has a SPEED DIAL tab that's in the phone app itself. It looks like the attached. I don't understand why the Turbo 2 would give you a SPEED DIAL tab in the phone app and then not allow you to manage your speed dial contacts there. It's great that you have the "widget on the home screen" as an option, but I'd really prefer to use the embedded speed dial tab and I cannot for the life of me find any information anywhere on this "speed dial" tab--only info on how to add the widget.

As you can see in the attached image, "starred" contacts do appear here, but it also seems to drop all other recent calls made to/from contacts which clutters the screen. I can remove them, but it's an ongoing process--they just come back whenever I make or receive a call from a contact. Plus--the Turbo 2 has a "RECENTS" tab...why not just put the recent calls here and not on the speed dial tab?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct, the speed dial screen in the dialer application does auto populate your frequently called contacts even they are not necessarily ones you consider having there. You CAN "star" more of your contacts to force the auto populated frequently contacted people to the bottom of the list. For the few people and companies I call frequently, the dialer application is doing an excellent job of pulling up the numbers I want quick access to call them again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
legan

Create a contact and favorite it, there's a star. Then it will appear on the speed dial screen

0 Likes