How do I block downloads?
OtherJen

It seems that more and more websites are using Adobe rather than having links to information available on their website.  I touch a link to open another page only to have an Adobe Acrobat (or other Adobe page) download start on my phone.  I have a basic package.  I do not download music, apps, ringtones, games, etc.  These downloads have driven my bill up considerably for the past two months.  It is infuriating.  Is there a way I can shut off these automatic downloads?  Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I block downloads?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings, OtherJen! Unwanted expenses are definitely upsetting, especially when you're haven't had any luck finding a way to stop them. If I understand correctly, your browser downloads .pdf files from the sites you've been visiting, and that has caused you to experience higher data usage. Is that correct? You also mentioned that you have a "basic package", and that you don't download music, apps, games, and the like. Can you share the model of phone you have, and how much data (in gigabytes or megabytes) your plan allows you?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
OtherJen

Hi Dion,

You are correct; pdf. downloads have caused overages in my data plan (last month and current month).  My frustration with these downloads is that they download automatically when I touch a link.  I am not given the option to download or to close out the link, as I would on a computer.

I have the Motorola Droid 2, with 150mb of monthly usage.

Thank you for your response.

sincerely,

Jennifer

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings OtherJen,

You can block pop-ups in your browser settings to prevent those extras downloading. If you go into your browser>hit menu>more>settings>uncheck block pop-up windows.
Try that and let us know.

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OtherJen

So I should uncheck "block pop-up windows" to allow pop-ups?  Will doing that allow the link to simply open in a new window?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, OtherJen!

This options (Block pop-ups) should be checked.  This will prevent pop-ups from happening in the browser.  Is this box already checked on your device?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes