How do I file a complaint. Customer service rep lied!
LUCPOL76

I spoke to a Verizon CS rep on Monday after speaking to a representative of Costco.  I needed to increase my data plan.  I was told that the following upgrades were available.

• 18GB for $100
  • 20GB for $120
  • 25GB for 175
  • 30 GB for +$200.

There were more but I stopped him there because the amount of data exceed my needs and the cost was too much.  Currently I have 15GB for $100.  So I thought it was a no brainer to upgrade to the 18 GB minimum.  I was contemplating that I may need the 20GB, but was advised against it by the rep.  I would be buying more data that I would probably use..

Question I asked the RepresentativeAnswer from the Verizon representative
By changing my plan, did it start my contract period over?No, it would not.  I am still on the same contract period.
By changing my plan, would it "mess with" the current rebates I was receiving ($25/mo/line)No.  I would receive another credit from Verizon of $20/mo for my son's iphone

Question Representative asked me?

My answer

Did I want to change?

Yes
Do I want effective immediately or next billing cycle?Immediately

I checked my phone on "My Verizon Mobile" app later that afternoon and noticed that my plan did not change.  I thought that maybe it would happen that night.  IT DID NOT.  Tuesday afternoon I checked "My Verizon Mobile" app again, still no change.  Well maybe I need to power the devices off and then I will see the change.  DID NOT CHANGE.  I called Verizon this morning (Wed) and was told by the representative that there would be approximately $15/month increase to change my plan. 

I voiced my complaint/dissatisfaction with him and a supervisor.  I was told that there would be NO additional charges and the only difference would be that now my family has 18GB vs. 15GB to use for data by VERIZON representative on Monday.  This is not acceptable.

Told there was nothing I could be offered.  The manager would let the initial representative know of his mistake but unless I was willing to pay the additional $15/month there was nothing that could be done at this time to help me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I file a complaint. Customer service rep lied!
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like you still have the 15GB for $100, is that correct? Have you logged into your Verizon Wireless account to see if you could manually change from 15GB to 18GB and it still cost the same? Which plan are you currently on? It seems like perhaps you're on the More Everything plan, which has different discounts than the Verizon Plan so I'd be cautious if you're switching from it. Perhaps the $15 increase isn't for the actual plan, but maybe because you go from getting a $25 discount to only a $20 discount and you have 3 lines? Hard to say without more information.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

lesson to be learned, don't buy from costco or any vendor, buy from a verizon store.

you tried to save a buck and/or get rebates & it's not worth it.

0 Likes
MOM5GRANDMOM3

MY daughter has the same problem & she went to a Verizon store.  The rep lied & no longer works there but she was told there is nothing they can do.  Basically she is screwed & stuck with something she cannot afford.  We are now going to the FCC & hopefully they can help. 

0 Likes
MOM5GRANDMOM3

Report them to the FCC!  My daughter has the same problem & she did go to a Verizon store.  The rep lied but Verizon's response is basically too bad your screwed & we don't care.  Maybe if enough people file a complaint something will be done.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You may have an overage charge because you should have backdated the change in data plan so you would have 18 GBs for the entire billing period.  

BY starting immediately, your data plan was prorated for the remaining days on the billing period.

You said 'rebate'. You don't have a rebate, you have an out of contract discount on your sons line Of $25. 

I Believe they moved you to the Verizon plan, which has a $20 line fee.  Increasing your bill by $5 over Mobile share plan. 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And just exactly will the fcc do?