How do I fix mobile hotspot error?
dlkwiecinski

Trying to use mobile hotspot. Only says mible hotspot error

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I fix mobile hotspot error?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dlkwiecinski, We want to make sure you enjoy this great feature! Which phone do you have with us? Have you been able to access your mobile hotspot, previously? Please share details so we can help.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gray19

I've been having the same issue, it just recently appeared after my phone shut off. I was able to use the Mobile Hotspot without any interruption before this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gray19, I apologize that you are having issues with the device and help you to use the service without interruption, Which exact device are you using with your hotpspot service? Was you phone low or out of power when this issue oocuured? Share some details. 
EdwinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gray19

Well, the battery for the phone is about nearly 2 years old, and I have yet to replace it so sometimes it will just like to die even on the charger. I have the Droid Razr M model, and I've never experienced any issues with the Mobile Hotspot, other then the 4g LTE likes to disconnect sometimes forcing me to either restart the phone or put it in Airplane Mode for a couple of minutes. Let me re-say what my issue is, it just says "Error" under the Mobile Hotspot, if I restart the phone it will not be there, but when I turn it on it'll say "Checking subscription status" stay grey for a second, and just say "Error". I can use the USB Tethering and Bluetooth connection. I've tried restarting the phone, and clearing the cache. Nothing has worked, I've looked online for solutions but only seen that people try Factory Resetting their phones, but nothing even happens from that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, Gray19. I can understand needing a new battery after 2 years but let's work on the issue at hand with your Mobile Hotspot. Have you tried to check the settings for the connection to maintain itself? If not, try going to settings>apps>all>mobile host spot>disable>enable then i was able to have the customer turn mobile hot spot on.',Also, here's tips on how to extend battery life http://tiny.cc/exqv1x . Keep us posted.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
gray19

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Have you tried to check the settings for the connection to maintain itself? If not, try going to settings>apps>all>mobile host spot>disable>enable

This didn't work at all, nothing has changed by doing this. Would you recommend restarting the phone then doing this?

0 Likes