Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I fix the issue where I'm receiving partial text messages?
devinbost

I'm running into an issue where if a person from outside the Verizon network (e.g. T-mobile) sends me a large text (e.g. > 160 characters, such as 300+ characters), I'm getting the message split across multiple texts (as would be expected), but a number of the texts are missing content. I only have this issue with missing content in the texts in these cases. Example:
"I was doing so great! It only took one twist to dislocate. It was so fast. If I hadn't had my phone in my hand, I wouldn't have been able to"

[next text]

"e tiniest movement caused excruciating spasms. I couldn't move from the bathroom floor. I am terrified of dislocating again."

Clearly, there was missing content between the two texts, and I have been able to confirm that a considerable part of the messages are getting cut off.

I've tried clearing my Messages app data/cache and the system cache partition, and I've also tried using Facebook messenger instead of the Messages app, but none of things have helped.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I fix the issue where I'm receiving partial text messages?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It might be a network issue on their end that is causing the disconnect.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes