Re: How do I get WiFi usable again on LG G3 with Lollipop?
Firegirl75

I am having the exact same problem... I can play videos just fine on 4G but when I use my xfinity router they will not play. Has to be the Lollipop / Router issue with communication. So frustrating! Just bought this phone and can't use wifi!

0 Likes
knoble3123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Firegirl, There is a different thread on this form which has a solution posted. It seems silly to have to install an app to resolve the issue, but it certainly resolved mine. It is an IPV6 issue with some routers. Comcast does not play nice with Android 5.0 Lollipop but Google’s on the case.  http://phandroid.com/2015/05/13/comcast-wireless-gateway-lollipop-bug

I hope it works for you.

0 Likes
ricksux2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My G2 is very slow with wifi. I have Comcast also. Verizon says they have never heard of any of these issues too. It Sucks! If anyone finds a fix, Please tell me.

0 Likes
ricksux2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kathy Noble, It works!!!! It's fast again!!! Thank You for the FIX!!! I hope this works without any other issues.

0 Likes
dkfuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update fixed my wi fi issues.  Finally!

0 Likes
bpage
Enthusiast - Level 1

These customer service reps don't have a clue. Same bullshit answers for everything. I have 3 tablets, 2 computers, an Xbox and my lg g3 running off my Wi-Fi. Guess which one is slow as piss. And so coincidently after the lollipop update.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Hey guys, the update from yesterday seemed to resolve all my issues. Please give it a try and let us know.

0 Likes