How do I get contact names to appear in the Verizon Messages browser version?
JoeVoorhees

Hey Guys,

I just got the S5 and was giving the Verizon Messages app a shot since Mighty Text is acting a little wonky with Kit Kat and won't sync outgoing browser texts with the phone. With the VZW Messages app sending and receiving texts from my phone and browser works fine but I wanted the contact names to show up in the browser window. I figured Verizon was pulling the data from the cloud storage and not directly from the phone so I synced my contacts with vzw cloud but it only synced 35 out of my 350 contacts. They all originated from Google Contacts and seamlessly imported to my new phone from my old one.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get contact names to appear in the Verizon Messages browser version?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the ability to access your contacts via Verizon Messages is very important JoeVoorhees. I am happy to inform you that with Verizon Messages, you do have the ability to import your contacts. To do this, simply sign into your Verizon Messages online>on the upper right hand side>click on menu>manage contacts>import contacts>on the top right hand side of the page you will see a picture of your phone and sync. Click on sync.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I get contact names to appear in the Verizon Messages browser version?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the ability to access your contacts via Verizon Messages is very important JoeVoorhees. I am happy to inform you that with Verizon Messages, you do have the ability to import your contacts. To do this, simply sign into your Verizon Messages online>on the upper right hand side>click on menu>manage contacts>import contacts>on the top right hand side of the page you will see a picture of your phone and sync. Click on sync.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Disnie
Contributor - Level 1

If I have a contact picture on their google account, it shows up however NONE of the facebook contact pictures show up.  They show up on the stock app and other third party sms apps.... soooo what gives?

Also, is there a way to make a picture as background picture? 

0 Likes