How do I get the message app to alert me that I have a text message while on a call?
yamahagirl06r1

In the Message+ app I under the Advanced Settings I have the box checked for "Enable audible/vibrate notification while on phone call" however my phone does not alert me with an audible alert or vibrate alert to let me know I have a text message. I only see the message icon once I'm off of the call.  Also, I have the HTC one and on the lock screen I have the icon for the Message+ application visible at the bottom. The icon used to have a blue circle with the number of text messages visible and now this no longer shows.  How do I enable this again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get the message app to alert me that I have a text message while on a call?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yamahagirl06r1, getting your alerts while on the phone is crucial to ensuring that you’re not missing a notification. Let’s dive in to see what’s going on and how we can help. Which model HTC One do you have? (We have HTC One M8 models also) Do you have the most updated version of Message+? Do you have the option for pop up window when new message is received?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Re: How do I get the message  app to alert me that I have a text message while on a call?
yamahagirl06r1

I have the M9 and yes I have the most recent version of Message+.  While my phone is locked if I got a text message my phone used to vibrate and the indicator light would flash. If I went to the lock screen the Message+ icon would show a blue circle with the number of text messages I had. I do not want to see the pop up notifications on the home screen, I only want to see the Message+ icon with the circle of how many text messages I have, unless there is a way to only have text message notifications show up as pop notifications.  I do not want to receive any other notifications on my lock screen.

Can you also explain why when I'm on a phone call the phone will not alert me that I have a text message even though I have this turned on?

0 Likes
Re: How do I get the message  app to alert me that I have a text message while on a call?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for taking time to troubleshoot. Did this start with a recent device or app software update? I have tested my HTC One M8 with Android 6.0 so we have a simialr setup. The lock screen icon did not show the count so this may be a function of the latest Marshmallow device software. A text played a quiet "bleep" while on a call. To confirm is the device sound still active and not on Silent when you have been testing it?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes