How do I keep wi-fi turned on permanently?
andradgreene2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased a HTC Desire 626, and I want to make sure that I am keeping my Wi-Fi turned on and connect automatically at all times for saved networks.

Q: How do I verify that I have sent the HTC Desire 626 to automatically connect to Wi-Fi and not waste my data usage?

Thank you very much.

A.Greene

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keeping Wi-Fi turned on - connect automatically (HTC Desire 626)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your phone automatically connect to saved WiFi networks is very helpful, andradgreene2016. With the HTC Desire 626, you would need to enable WiFi by going to Settings>WiFi. Once you have saved a WiFi network, when you are in range, your phone will recognize the saved connection and the WiFi icon will replace the 4G icon on your device.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your phone automatically connect to saved WiFi networks is very helpful, andradgreene2016. With the HTC Desire 626, you would need to enable WiFi by going to Settings>WiFi. Once you have saved a WiFi network, when you are in range, your phone will recognize the saved connection and the WiFi icon will replace the 4G icon on your device.

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Re: Keeping Wi-Fi turned on - connect automatically (HTC Desire 626)
andradgreene2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.
Hopefully, I have solved the problem.

Another mistake that I made with my new phone was NOT changing a setting in my Mobile Data area (Settings > Mobile data > ON) saying use my data plan when Wi-Fi ISN'T available ((big mistake)).
I used a lot of data from this setting without my knowledge.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd also suggest that you change your Play Store settings so that apps either don't update automatically or else they do so only over wi-fi, i.e., open the Play Store app, tap the Menu button in the upper left-hand corner, tap Settings, tap Auto Update Apps and change to your preference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very welcome, Andradgreene2016. We are standing by if you should have any other concerns. Tikibar1 makes a very good point to help limit all application usage to only WiFi, certainly worth checking on as well.

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
andradgreene2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Done!
Thank you so much.