How do I know which apps I must keep and which ones I can get rid of?
MrFloyd

I have a bunch of apps on my phone and want to get rid of the ones I don't use, but I don't want to inadvertently delete an app that is essential to the phone's function. For example, do I need to keep all of the Verizon, Google, and Samsung apps? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I know which apps I must keep and which ones I can get rid of?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try to delete them.  Some of the pre-installed ones and essential ones will not allow you to delete - the option is simply not there.  The only ones you can delete are those you have downloaded yourself - no worries there.

You can DISABLE some of the pre-installed apps, and if it's "essential" it will warn you before you disable.  You ca always re-enable if you find some function or feature missing that you actually did use...

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think ALL of the pre-installed apps will warn you before you disable them.  The truly essential ones will not let you disable them.  Like you said, though, you can always reenable them if you find you are missing functionality.

bearone21
Legend

go to apps, edit at the top & you'll be shown those that can be deleted/disabled.

only you can determine which apps are those you want/need & will be updated.....i did this on my note5.

0 Likes
Bamabambujno75

Well you can keep all the apps that come installed on the phone ,but you can control all of what they do by going into your settings, and go to apps and pick and choose what apps have what permissions,orto not allow a app to peak.

0 Likes