How do I leave blocked callers a custom message?
Cherylgeller4
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can i leave a custom message just for unwanted blocked callers on my android turbo phone. I have one company that keeps calling and leaving me voice message and they've been using a different # each time they call me. I have blocked each in coming # they use as they come in but I can't stop any calls from leaving me a voice mail. What can I do?  I would like to leave only unwanted callers a massage that says; this phone # is no longer in service.  I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Cherylgeller4

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Leave blocked callers custom message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cherylgeller4

I know how important it is to reduce the amount of unwanted callers. When you block a number, it stops that number from being able to call you or leave a voicemail message. Additional tools you can use to help reduce unwanted calls would be the National Do Not Call Registry. https://www.donotcall.gov/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cherylgeller4

I know how important it is to reduce the amount of unwanted callers. When you block a number, it stops that number from being able to call you or leave a voicemail message. Additional tools you can use to help reduce unwanted calls would be the National Do Not Call Registry. https://www.donotcall.gov/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Cherylgeller4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have already put my # on the do not call list, it didn't work for me. I have blocked the more then 15 unwanted phone #'s but the still get in to my voice mail. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Cherylgeller4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does Anyone know how?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you looked at using "Youmail" or "Trap call"? One is an alternate voicemail system and the other is an application which restricts unknown callers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You Mail will do what you want - you can block numbers and the next time they call they get the standard three tone - then "We're sorry, the number you have reached is no longer in service....." with no opportunity to leave a VM.  Or for those with a blocked caller ID - they get a message asking them to unblock their number and call again, then hangs up with out giving them a chance to leave a VM.

You can also customize greetings for any contact  - and it's all free.

youmail.com