How do I move apps to my external SD card?
blew1500

I have a Galaxy J3 V, running Android 6.0.1. I have an external micro-SD card (32 GB). I THOUGHT I understood the difference between the "fake" SD card (actually a part of internal memory) and the "actual" SD card (the actual card). I've moved a bunch of music and photos to the actual card. I THOUGHT I'd moved a bunch of applications to the actual SD card, and the Android Application Manager shows that they're using external storage. But now when I try to move more apps to the actual card, I get an "insufficient storage space available" error. Same thing happens if I try to download new apps (which I'm doing because i just got an Android watch). There's definitely space on the actual SD card -- about 15 GB left. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble moving apps to external SD card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Applications won't install on the SD card unless it is formatted as adaptable storage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Applications won't install on the SD card unless it is formatted as adaptable storage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you can easily manage your storage as I know the importance to get the most out of it! Thanks for the great information, Ann154. To confirm are you also reviewing the file options in Apps>Samsung Folder>My Files as it should separate the directories between SD card and Device Storage? Have you used this card in a different device in the past?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes