How do I remove Visual Voice Mail? I have called twice but it is still there. I just need basic
bestnc

How do I remove Visual Voice Mail? I have called twice but it is still there. I just need basic

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove Visual Voice Mail? I have called twice but it is still there. I just need basic
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Re: Voicemail update notification

Phone GuyBronze

It easy to do in your My Verizon site. go into drop-down and add on Basic Visual VM and remove Basic voice mail then check "ok" & save. Be sure your phone is set for wireless data - turn off Wi-Fi. wait 3-5 min. and go into your new Visual VM  do setup. Reboot device. Now log back in to your My Verizon site. remove Basic Visual VM and add just Basic VM. go down to blocking and check both Basic and premium. Then "ok" and save. Reboot once more and your now back to basic vm . 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I remove Visual Voice Mail? I have called twice but it is still there. I just need basic
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Re: Voicemail update notification

Phone GuyBronze

It easy to do in your My Verizon site. go into drop-down and add on Basic Visual VM and remove Basic voice mail then check "ok" & save. Be sure your phone is set for wireless data - turn off Wi-Fi. wait 3-5 min. and go into your new Visual VM  do setup. Reboot device. Now log back in to your My Verizon site. remove Basic Visual VM and add just Basic VM. go down to blocking and check both Basic and premium. Then "ok" and save. Reboot once more and your now back to basic vm . 

0 Likes
marysamsung5

I just got a new Samsung 5 a couple days ago, somehow got forced in to Visual (premium?) when I tried checking my messages-- w/ a free 30 day trial. After a couple of days of looking at what features I was signed up for, I found it on 'myverizon' -- it wasn't showing up the first day. I selected 'add or change features' then scrolled down to the voice mail subsection and read the details and removed the visual voice mail option-- mine was marked in green as my current feature. Once I removed it, the prompt said at the minimum that basic voice mail was required and it was selected for me.

0 Likes