How do I stop a "no voicemail number on SIM card" error?
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got a new S5 a couple weeks ago. Had no issues with voicemail whatsoever to this point. I get a voicemail tonight, click on voicemail icon and get error message "no voicemail number on sim card." So I click the option to add one. It says the *86 voicemail number is already in there and when I click save it says "no changes made." Click voicemail again,"no voicemail number on sim card." Seems pretty dumb...for a smart phone. Whatis going on here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no voicemail number on sim card
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got it working with one additional step. If I deleted and re-entered it said "no changes made" and the problem persisted. However, if I changed the voicemail to another number besides *86 and THEN changed it back, it fixed the problem entirely. Your suggestion got me started in that direction though, thanks.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DUFF.735,

That's not good! Voicemail is an important feature, so lets get this resolved. Are you able to dial *86 from your cellphone to listen to the voicemail? Have you tried deleting the voicemail contact and re-add the contact?

Thanks,
PamelaF_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got it working with one additional step. If I deleted and re-entered it said "no changes made" and the problem persisted. However, if I changed the voicemail to another number besides *86 and THEN changed it back, it fixed the problem entirely. Your suggestion got me started in that direction though, thanks.

dad_der
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similarly, I changed it to a bogus number (40404) and then changed it back to *86. It works fine now.

Wingman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that, now I can't figure out how to change it back to *86, and it keeps dialing 40404, help please!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try this go into your settings find Apps then navigate to All once there scroll the page up to Voice Mail enter > then clear your Cache and Data see if that fixes the issue.. and lets you use *86 once again

0 Likes
Wingman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I do that it says it will delete all data from the program, won't that render it inoperative, or delete it all together?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It just reset the Voice Mail.. you could do the cache only first see if that reset's it back to *86 but you may have to clear the Data as well.. but try the cache only first see if that gets it reset..

Your may have to reset your Voice Mail options through your  My Verizon you'll have to do that Via a computer,  if what I suggested don't work on your phone..

0 Likes
Wingman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just did a system update and it fixed the problem. Evidently verizon knows about the glitch and is on the ball. Thanks for the help.

To Trike or not to Trike, that is the question. Tis nobler to stay upright on three, than to be humiliated under two. Tis better to be free on three.

):>{)>

Dennis

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your welcome, glad to help b

0 Likes