Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
How do I stop gifs from playing in Message+
dalestubbart

They're annoying and cause me imbalance. They're also a health issue for some.

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop gifs from playing in Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are concerned to know about this situation, we want to make sure you get the service you deserve, please send us a private note to further assist you.

>Jorge

0 Likes
dalestubbart

I need to be able to permanently stop gifs from playing in Message+ on Android. Sounds like apple devices have an accessibility on/off feature to not play animation. As far as my research goes, Android devices do not have this feature. However, I only receive gifs in Message+, so that's the only place that I need them turned off.

Thanks

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Could you let your contacts know not to send them?  Look on youtube for how to turn off animations in android.  There is probably something in developer options to do this.  Be curious to know why they need to do it through private message instead of telling every one how to do this.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand how important it is for your messages to be set up the way you need them. I'm not seeing that there is an option to turn off gifs for Message+. May I ask, why you're wanting to remove this option? Maybe we can try and find a different solution for your needs.

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there! Perhaps I can help. Are you receiving these GIFs in a text through Verizon Messages +?

*Ana

0 Likes