How do I stop notifications when I am on a call?
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I want to receive notifications, BUT do not want them while I am on a call.  Like it keeps vibrating and

cuts out when another call is coming in. How to turn that off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LV 10 Notifications while in Call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be thrown off as well if I got a notification while on a call. You can turn this off. Go to Message+. Tap on the Menu Key in the upper left corner. Tap on Settings. Tap on Advanced at the bottom of the screen. Uncheck Notifications during call.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Settings---Sound & notification---under Notifications select Interruptions and you can set it to Priority only. If you have no notifications set as Priority then you shouldn't get notifications while in a call.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I have no priority notifications set, but yes still come through on a call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Notifications can be frustrating when they interrupt calls psf2835 Lets work towards a resolution to stop notifications. What type of notifications are still making the device vibrate while on a call? What make and model phone are you using? Is this something that recently started? If so, when did this start?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

It's the LG V10. If I'm on a call and another call comes in it keeps vibrating and beeps. Text messages, (using messages+) keep beeping.  It has always done it. Trying to figure out how to stop it. I don't have any priorities set for notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be thrown off as well if I got a notification while on a call. You can turn this off. Go to Message+. Tap on the Menu Key in the upper left corner. Tap on Settings. Tap on Advanced at the bottom of the screen. Uncheck Notifications during call.
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

That cured the message+ interruption.How to I turn off, guess you would call it "call waiting" when another call comes in and keeps interfering with present call?  TY

0 Likes
TrekNurse

tried all this.  All notifications still come through and interrupt calls.  At my wits end.  I contacted Samsung but hear nothing from them.  This is so annoying, Im thinking of getting a new phone.  But that is what they want us to do.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry all the steps you've tried doesn't work for stopping those notifications while on a call TrekNurse. Is the software up to date on your device? Here is a link to check https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ ? I have some slight different steps to update your notifications. Try these steps below if that doesn't work we have a few more to help with this issue.

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings Settings icon.

2. Tap Sound & notification.

3. Tap Ringtone.

4. Select the preferred ringtone then tap OK.

5. Tap Notification sound.

6. Select the preferred notification sound then tap OK.

7. Tap Vibration strength, slide dot left or right to configure the following then tap OK:

• Incoming call

• Notification

• Vibrate on tap

8. Tap Sound with vibration to enable or disable.
    Note Enabled when a checkmark is present.

9. Tap Vibration type.

10. Select the preferred vibration type then tap OK.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
jdevore14

It was already unchecked and I still receive notifications when on a call. 

0 Likes