How do I transfer apps from an old phone?
Schett
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do i transfer apps from an old phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i transfer apps from an old phone
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

Schett, being able to have all your information on your old phone and put it on your new phone is very important. Were you able to try the Smart Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music & More   Switch?  Were you able to transfer all your information over to your new phone? Keep me posted so I can further assist if you still need help.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign in to the same Google account on the new phone - the apps will be in the playstore and you can redownload any or all of your previous apps to the new phone.  Be sure you are connected to wifi when you do this!

0 Likes
Schett
Enthusiast - Level 1

so no easy transfer...ok  thanks

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes, there is.  When you swap your SIM card and turn on your new phone for the first time it will include a prompt to transfer your data.   All you need is enough battery  the switch can take some time. 

bearone21
Legend

for samsung to samsung, i used samsung smart switch to xfer from s5 to note5.....wi-fi on both.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

Schett, being able to have all your information on your old phone and put it on your new phone is very important. Were you able to try the Smart Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music & More   Switch?  Were you able to transfer all your information over to your new phone? Keep me posted so I can further assist if you still need help.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

that only works if all apps are on sim card.....mine aren't.

0 Likes
Schett
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased the droid 2.  I just re downloaded everything before I saw all the other replies Smiley Sad  I took the long way around I guess.  I figured there was an easier way but this worked as well.  I then got rid of the things I didn't need from the old phone right? thank you for the response.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

bearone21 wrote:

that only works if all apps are on sim card.....mine aren't.

Apps are never on a SIM card.  Swapping the SIM card is to move service and activate the phone.  It never moves apps or data other than  phone number, and possibly, text and call history and in the old basic phone days, contact list.

The SIM card just activates service on the new phone.  Most android smartphones start the process with "Tap and go", Samsung smart switch or similar process which starts after you select language and sign in to wifi.  All the phones I've had use Bluetooth or NFC to transfer phone to phone.  The galaxy s7 came with a data transfer cable And adapter. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Each of these options is offered as soon as you start up a new phone.

Tap and go can transfer Apple to android or android to android  Watch Android 5.0 Tap & Go Restore Your Phone in Minutes - YouTube

If moving samsung to Samsung, smart switch works great.  How To Use Samsung Smart Switch (UPDATED!) - YouTube

On the current android smartphones, they back up to your google account. When you start up a new phone, it will request your google ID and ask if you want the back up from your previous device restored to the new phone.  

Iphone to iPhone is a different story.  Back up the old to iTunes, when you activate the new phone, it will prompt you, "do you want to set up as new with backup from your iPhone".

Never had a windows phone, so someone will have to chip in that info.

0 Likes