How do I turn off Galaxy Note Edge's Edge screen audio?
sclark5931h

Swiping from panel to panel plays audio "Favorite Apps Panel 1 of 2" etc when I switch from Edge panel to Edge panel.  How can I turn this off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off Galaxy Note Edge's Edge screen audio?
mjpowell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem it drove me crazy, but I figured out how to have the voice off. Unfortunately you have to do a factory reset but when you sign in with your gmail make sure you uncheck the box the says restore the apps and settings from previous devices. your contracts will still load up. you can always add your apps later. Thank god it worked..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you turned on the Accessibility settings. I would suggest turning them off. You might have to use two fingers to scroll down and a double tap to select items.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sclark5931h

I wish it was that easy.  I have went through all options and settings and it hasnt' turned off.  This was happening right out of the box.  I also did go to the Accessibility settings and turn them on, then back off in hopes it might have been a bug and that would turn it off.  No luck though.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try a factory reset. I got a galaxy tab s and right out of the box the thing was talking to me with no way to shut it off as the touch screen was not working very well. I was waiting to customer support to open up and I just decided to factory reset the thing and that solved all the problems.

Sometimes these devices come from the factory with little quirks that can't be addressed.  From now on when I get a new phone, tablet or laptop the first thing is going to be a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sclark5931h,

Hmm? That is strange. Does it open up the music player?  Is this still happening? Check out this video: http://vz.to/1A8l0n6 & http://vz.to/1A8l0n6 Please provide details so we can further assist.

Amberf_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sclark5931h

Thank you all for the help so far.  I do not wish to factory reset my phone, but if needed I will as a final effort.  I feel that this is a bug that does not happen very often.  I only have 1 edge panel active, this panel being my favorite apps.

When I try to scroll through the edge screens (as if there were more active) a female voice comes on (like the accessibility voice) that says, "Favorite Apps.  Panel 1 of 2."  When I open the music app and try to change edge screens it says, "Music controller.  Panel 2 of 2."  The more panels I add, the more she says as I scroll through.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the extra details, sclark5931h. I reached out to Samsung through http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact to see if they had any suggestions to turn this notification off and they suggested to go into apps >> settings >> tap on touch sound >> uncheck Touch sound. Please keep us posted if that takes care of that voice on your Edge.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mjpowell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem it drove me crazy, but I figured out how to have the voice off. Unfortunately you have to do a factory reset but when you sign in with your gmail make sure you uncheck the box the says restore the apps and settings from previous devices. your contracts will still load up. you can always add your apps later. Thank god it worked..

0 Likes