How do I upgrade the current SSL on my Moto X?
desantis191
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to update the current SSL v 1.0.1e  which is distributed on the Moto X ( Android 4.4.2)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto X Heartbleed & SSL 1.0.1e
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You have the version of SSL that is vulnerable however your phone is only vulnerable if you have the allow unknown sources box checked on your phone. This box checked will allow apps and other things to be installed on your phone from anywhere. If it is unchecked you can only add via Google Play.

There is NO download to update this yet. The phone manufacturers are working on patches to send out so until the patch is ready for your phone I would make sure the box is not checked.

Go to Settings> Security and then make sure the box that says Allow Unknown Sources.... is NOT checked

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure that the phone is vulnerable? My Nexus 7 tablet running the same version was fine according to the Lookout application checking for the bug.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
desantis191
Enthusiast - Level 1

weird, my lookout heartbleed check app indicates I have a vulnerability.

What version of ssl is on your tablet?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You have the version of SSL that is vulnerable however your phone is only vulnerable if you have the allow unknown sources box checked on your phone. This box checked will allow apps and other things to be installed on your phone from anywhere. If it is unchecked you can only add via Google Play.

There is NO download to update this yet. The phone manufacturers are working on patches to send out so until the patch is ready for your phone I would make sure the box is not checked.

Go to Settings> Security and then make sure the box that says Allow Unknown Sources.... is NOT checked

desantis191
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jakeman, thank you for this information, I suspected this but was not 100%

certain. I do block apps so I'll be on the lookout for an update.

Thanks.

GD

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Very welcome. As long as you do not allow unknown sources you are good.

0 Likes