How do i connect my Gateway NE522 to my Galaxy S4 mobile hotspot?
Pixydoodle

For the life of me, i cant figure it out.  I can connect to any other wifi, and can hotspot to other devices but never have connected to a PC

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do i connect my Gateway NE522 to my Galaxy S4 mobile hotspot?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You connect the same way you connect to any other wifi on the computer or any other hotspot device...  turn on the hotspot on the S4, then let the computer find the phone.  Does the computer find the phone hotspot?  If the computer doesn't see the phone hotspot as a potential connection, we need to find out why.

If the computer does see the phone's hotspot, what happens when yo utry to connect to it?  Any error messages?  Password not working?  It all appears to work but you never actually connect?

Letting us know where the process is breaking down will help us find a solution!!

0 Likes
Pixydoodle

No, my PC does NOT see the phone hot spot.  This is why I am frustrated.  I disabled my LAN and disconnected from my home network.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What frequency is the S4 broadcasting its hotspot on? 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
thegreatzacsby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does the PC have wireless capability or if you do not know it would be listed under the internet connections as 802. Something..... You may need a wireless adapter for it. Belkin, gateway, or Microsoft etc. Super cheap...

0 Likes
Pixydoodle

I don't know.  Where can I find this information?  I looked in "about phone" in my settings It's 4G LTE

0 Likes
Pixydoodle

For the second question, yes, my PC has wireless capabilities,  I take it everywhere and use it, but am visiting my daughter over Easter and she has no internet, hence my need to use my hotspot.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is in the hotspot settings. Your phone may or may not have the option. I don't remember what frequency the S4 could broadcast on as it was several phones ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes