How do you turn off "screen overlay" on a Moto Z play so that apps can access device location.
Hankster2015

When I access an app that uses the devices location, I get a message saying that "Screen overlay detected"  to change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from Settings > Apps what and how do I change so that the app can use the devices location?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you turn off "screen overlay" on a Moto Z play so that apps can access device location.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hankster2015, I know that having the full ability to use your phone is of the utmost importance. Let’s work together to see how we can pinpoint what’s going on. To begin, I will have you try these steps listed below:

-Open the Settings
-Tap the magnifying glass at the top right
-Enter the search term “draw”
-Tap Draw over other apps

Then, you will find yourself in front of a list of apps that have permission to use floating buttons or other screen overlays. Now you need to identify the problem app and temporarily deny it permission to draw over the screen. Do you see an app bubble on your screen? If do, this app is almost certainly the cause. Either you hide the app bubble or disable the app in the list.

Do you have an app installed that changes the colors on the display or adjusts the brightness? Now you can try launching the app again, and it should request permissions without the “Display overlay detected” error getting in the way. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

-TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How do you turn off "screen overlay" on a Moto Z play so that apps can access device location.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your phone is working the way it should Hankster2015. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Are you using any security/anti-virus apps on your device?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
smadrid_2424

Yes, DU Speed Booster and DU Battery Saver.

0 Likes