How much woulf it cost to cancel my plan?
mwenzl

How much would it be to cancel a plan or around how much at least?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Plan Cancellation
Not applicable

You mean cancel service?

If you have no contract it will cost you zero. However you must cancel before the bill closing date to not get charged for another month.

If you have a contract, well you take the $350 Early Termination fees and subtract the $10 per month up through month 24 to get the amount of that fee for a smartphone.

A basic phone is $175 minus $5 for months 1-24 to find that early termination fee.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

mwenzl

i just need a general amount..no need to know how much

0 Likes
Not applicable

You mean cancel service?

If you have no contract it will cost you zero. However you must cancel before the bill closing date to not get charged for another month.

If you have a contract, well you take the $350 Early Termination fees and subtract the $10 per month up through month 24 to get the amount of that fee for a smartphone.

A basic phone is $175 minus $5 for months 1-24 to find that early termination fee.

Good Luck

mwenzl

so i have a smart phone..i dont quite understand how to do what youre saying..can you walk me through it?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You take $350 and subtract $10 every month through month 24. If you leave before month 24 its $10 x number of months, subtracted from the $350 and you owe the balance. If you last out the full 24 months you owe nothing and would be on a no contract

its that simple.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwenzl,

This saddens me a lot, we don't want to see you go. Why are you considering this? The early termination varies by phone, starting at $350/smartphone and $175/basic phone. Every month the balance is paid, the fee lowers by $10/smartphone and $5/basic phone, but there is a minimum fee for each.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gdschr62
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is pretty funny. Not ha ha funny though. Over the last 3 days, I have spent well over an hour on the phone with Verizon CSR's. It started with me getting a call about why was I so dissatisfied with my (removed) Ellipsis 7. This call was a follow-up to a post I had authored on the MyVerizon forums. It was a really bad move. For weeks I had been so angry about making the titanic mistake of buying this (removed) device that I had literally just stopped using it, and it had been in the closet unused for weeks, but this inquiry rubbed salt in my wound reminding me how stupid I had been to purchase such a poorly designed and executed product. Then, this CSR had the audacity to call me back the next day, blah blah blah. Well, she got a second earful, and I told her to never call me about this issue again. Fast forward, the next day. I called Verizon "customer suport" (how poorly named can a department be, anyhow?), to find out how much it would cost me to just cancel my Verizon account, and use a different provider. My bills with Verizon over the last 4 months have averaged over $300; I travel a lot, and have a JetPack, and use a ton of data, and also have unlimited talk and text. Well, I have a ton of control over my needs; I can adjust my needs a LOT, and especially if it becomes a matter of principle, which this whole Ellipsis 7 fiasco has become. Verizon can provide a device like this to the customer with HOW MANY GIGS of bloatware, but only, what is it, 12 kilobytes or some equally ludicrous amount of app storage? And I wasted HOW MUCH money on a huge SD card onto which I can not move apps? (removed)I cleared all app space, and cannot install a SINGLE app! What a (removed) PILE OF (removed)!

It will cost me over six hundred bucks to be free of these (removed) at Verizon. Money well spent.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Tyiannakos

We have been Verizon customers for more than 15 years and we have 3 phones, two basic phones and one smartphone. I want a basic phone that has a qwerty keyboard and Verizon does not have any. I specifically do not want our other phones to be smartphones, and I also do not want to spend $500 for a new phone. How do I find out how much it would cost to leave and find a new provider who has the phones I want. I don't need or care about 4g. Just want a basic phone that I can use to text with arthritic fingers.

0 Likes