How to Avoid Updates???
Tracy53

I HATE updates. I've tried not to allow them, however, if you don't accept they continuous "pop up" and ask if you want to install now or later. With every update, I have installed my phone does crazy things and battery life is cut in half. I always go in thinking maybe this update is to correct the issues with their last update. Nope! Never any improvements, only more problems. Now my flash goes off every time my phone rings, my battery doesn't even make it an entire day and there are new apps on my phone that I didn't want or request. Is there a way to avoid updates?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to Avoid Updates???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How to Avoid Updates???
Klue
Master - Level 1

No you can't. You can only delay them but eventually they will install themselves.  One way to minimize any problem on updating is to do a factory reset prior to the install, that will negate any problems with the update software and any apps that you have installed. Most people don't like doing this as you have to reset up you phone but it better than trying to figure out problems afterwards.

0 Likes