How to clean all the junk off my wife's phone witout losing pictures
PeglegJones

My wife's phone is loaded with junk, apps that pop up, poor battery life, downloads wanting to be installed. Tried a factory reset but it back all the [Removed] up before doing the reset so it all came back. Should all pics be moved to Google Drive first to avoid losing them?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to clean all the junk off my wife's phone witout losing pictures
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pictures and other items needing to be saved can be backed up to cloud services offered by Google, Verizon Wireless, Microsoft, Apple and so on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pictures and other items needing to be saved can be backed up to cloud services offered by Google, Verizon Wireless, Microsoft, Apple and so on.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you plan to try moving the photos and what not to Google Drive, there's an easier solution. On Android phones, simply use the Google Photos app to do an automatic backup of photos and videos from the phone. The backup can be done with two options. The first option is for unlimited storage. This resizes the photos to a smaller resolution, but provides unlimited storage. Then there's the full quality version. This version will consume the same space that your Google drive account would consume, but it saves a full quality copy of the photo.

The Photos app will complete the photo backup and sync automatically once configured to do so.

One app to keep an eye out for is an app called DT Ignite. It's commonly found on Verizon phones, but appears on phones sold by other carriers as well. This app can silently install apps which are sponsored by the carrier, to the phone. Whether you factory reset the phone or not, it is best to always disable it. To disable, go to Settings > Applications (or Application Manager). Click the menu button then select "Show System Apps". This menu may also be seen on a drop-down above the application list.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, PeglegJones. As mentioned in the previous messages, a Cloud service would be your best plan. You can use Verizon Cloud, iCloud, Google Photos, Google Drive, Gmail, Email, and other similar services. The best option to avoid getting all the applications back on your device after a factory reset, would be to disable automatic restore. This can ensure that only the applications you want get installed in the device. Any other applications can be disabled and uninstalled using your device settings. We want to make sure you are able to get this done. What kind of phone do you have?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!   

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What type of phone do you have?

0 Likes