How to disable voice mail update notifications
mnboater

Since updating to KitKat on my Samsung Note 3, I keep getting regular notifications that my voice mail service has been updated. How can I disable these notifications? Looking in the App Manager, I can't turn off the app or disable notifications. It's really annoying. I use Google Voice and don't want these  continual notifications. Please advise.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to disable voice mail update notifications
lamia08

I am having this same issue on my note 3. Please fix.

0 Likes
RickWS
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the S4 I go into Settings More Tab / Application Manager / All Tab Scroll Down to the culprit Voice Mail Tap it and when it opens you should see a way to make it suffer. 1st I Punch em in the Force Stop button and then kick em in the Show Notifications Box and ee's down I Slam The Hammer Down on the TURN OFF BUTTON. Then when I want I just call Voice Mail *86

0 Likes
skipperjohn

There is no way to turn this app off on my samsung s5. For days now I have this constant annoying update/subscribe message. I am using google voice as well and do not wish to change. There must be a way to disable this

0 Likes
knielsen

Same issue on GS5. This is really unacceptable. I have been using a superior google voice product for years and now Verizon is basically forcing me to use their product or they will continue to spam my notifications. If anything they are driving me to root and freeze which I am sure they would rather not have me do, because then I am getting rid of all of their apps.

0 Likes
OregonDuckGuy

Please address this, Verizon!  I called a Verizon Rep and she put me on hold to ask her team.  She came back and told me to go in to application manager, find the voicemail app, force stop and then clear data.  I told her I've tried this already but would try it again.  Of course the notification came back which I told her.  She clearly had no other suggestions to offer me.  Rather than keeping at her, I let her off the hook and told her "I suppose I'll just have to deal with this notification vibrating/beeping every time I clear my notifications hu?"  She had no response and asked if there was anything else she could help with. This is ridiculous and annoying!!  The option to suppress notifications from the Voicemail app is grayed out.  I suppose they want us to root the phone and delete the app hu?  PLEASE ADDRESS THIS!!

(Galaxy S5 4.4.4)

0 Likes
musashi04

I have the exact same problem.  I use google voice mail.  Don't want this awful app on my phone.  Please disable this.  It wakes me up at night. 

0 Likes
unusualj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue. So much for updating my phone. Now, with the worst timing, like in the middle of the night, this notification pops up. Just walk into a quiet room and it goes off. I have cleared data and there is no option to turn off the notifications. I really don't want to have to root my phone considering I've barely had it three months. The most annoying thing is that it will pop up after JUST making it go away. It didn't even come with a way to actually CHECK the visual voicemail. Poke the voicemail app and it calls voicemail instead. Genius.

0 Likes
OregonDuckGuy

I tried clearing cache and it went away for about 4 hours and came back.  Verizon?  Not even a "We see there is an issue and we'll look at it?"  This is so annoying.  I'm researching Towelroot.com unfortunately.  I've only had my S5 for a few months and didn't want to root but having a false notification every 10 minutes that I can't get rid of seems like a worthy reason to root at this point. 

0 Likes
kevinTrusheim

1. Slide top bar down with all the notifications.

2. Press/hold Verizon voice mail notification.

3. Force stop...then do down and DESTOY I mean....disable app.

All the best!

0 Likes