How to stop my phone from restarting for no reason after it being updated recently?
ds755

Hello, I have had the Droid Razr Maxx HD for almost a year and everything has gone well until about 2 weeks ago I noticed that my phone keeps turning itself off and restarting every 2-3 days constantly all day. Not sure why its during this but also the screen keeps freezing and the apps either wont run properly during this time or they will react slowly... Does anyone possibly know either why this is happening or how to fix this or am I just out of luck and need to look into a different phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to stop my phone from restarting for no reason after it being updated recently?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ds755!

No need to look into getting a different phone.  I'm sure we can resolve this issue for you.  It appears there may be temporary files on your device memory that may be causing this device symptom.  We can remove those temporary files by wiping the cache partition http://vz.to/1x7Q87M.  This step will not affect your personal files and settings on your device.  Please try this and let me know how your device responds after wiping the cache partition.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to stop my phone from restarting for no reason after it being updated recently?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ds755!

No need to look into getting a different phone.  I'm sure we can resolve this issue for you.  It appears there may be temporary files on your device memory that may be causing this device symptom.  We can remove those temporary files by wiping the cache partition http://vz.to/1x7Q87M.  This step will not affect your personal files and settings on your device.  Please try this and let me know how your device responds after wiping the cache partition.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes