How to sync phone profile E-mail addresses with GMail contacts?
Grundberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed that, per usual operation, Gmail syncs the E-mail addresses of all my contacts, so if necessary, they auto-fill when sending a Contact an E-mail. This is very convenient, however, this doesn't work for my phone's profile Contact.

Of course, I'm referring to the Contact on top of my Contacts list, the one my device is booted with. I tried entering my E-mail address(es) into my profile Contact, but sending a GMail to those addresses doesn't trigger them to autofill like the other Contacts. (I could swear that everything is synced.)

For the record, the purpose of this is to be able to message my home and work E-mail addresses when need be.

Is there a way to make this happen, or would I have to create a separate contact for myself, just for E-mailing?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to sync phone profile E-mail addresses with GMail contacts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grundberg,

You've asked a great question. I also find it very convenient to be able to send thing to my own address regularly. I created a contact including my own name, number, & email address, as the profile information never comes up as an option to "share" or "send" to. It has transferred from phone to phone over the years in my Google contacts, and is very convenient. I would recommend going that route as well. I hope this helps!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes