HtC one m8 not downloading all mms and group texts and not receiving some texts from iphones
Renak24

I Have used handcent for my texts for years. I switched over to Verizon almost a year ago, switching to an m8 from an m7. In the last month or so, I've been having some iphone texts not being received on my end. I switched to verizon messages+ and missing texts came through, but I only knew to look for a few. I missed the features of different notification icons on handcent and switched back since the new horrible lollipop update replaced scrolling texts with pop ups. Shortly afterwards, I've had a problem receiving mms and group texts from both iPhones and androids, and in both apps, handcent and messages+, I get a notification that my apn settings are incorrect. I've used the smart setup, selected Verizon and manually input and nothing helps. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HtC one m8 not downloading all mms and group texts and not receiving some texts from iphones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you're not missing any messages, Renak24. You mentioned changing certain settings. Was your software previously modified? If your APN settings are showing incorrect, it may be best to back up your content and perform a factory reset.

Regarding your messages, are you currently using both Handcent and Messages+? If so, please make sure you set one as the default as operating two different message applications can cause additional issues with messages. Since you were able to narrow down the issue to iPhone users, have you noticed if this is only impacting certain contacts that have iPhones, or every contact you text with an iPhone?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: HtC one m8 not downloading all mms and group texts and not receiving some texts from iphones
Renak24

first of all, there are 2 different problems i'm addressing and you only have replied regarding 1.

yes, i have been missing some texts from some iPhone users. i only saw the missing texts when switching over to messages+. 3 of the 4 noted missing texts were at the end of conversations so they were easy to spot and te 4th was something i specifically looked for. however many more missing iphones texts there were, i don't know.

shortly after switching back to handcent (maybe a couple weeks later), some mms and group texts from android AND iPhones will not download. with some users, some content comes through but not all. prior to this happening, i had never changed my apn settings, which still are not set correctly. and no, i'm not using handcent and messages+ at the same time. i've switched back and forth, setting either as my default.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Renak24

I completely understand how important your messages are to you. lets get yoru messaging back on track again. You mentione you had been going back & forth between the two messaging applications. When you had messages+ did you also enable intergrated messaging? Have you done a complete factory reset on your phone? Once you have done so, it would be best to choose one application or the other and not switch back and forth as messages could be lost between the app changes.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes