I am looking for a phone that will allow blocking of numerous (Spam) incomming numbers.
ROBJUL76

I am looking for a phone that will allow blocking of numerous (Spam) incomming numbers.   Tired of spam

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am looking for a phone that will allow blocking of numerous (Spam) incomming numbers.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel phone application will prevent many spam calls from ringing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I am looking for a phone that will allow blocking of numerous (Spam) incomming numbers.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls are never fun and we want to help prevent them in any way we can, ROBJUL76. Most phones have options to block certain numbers from calling the phone. We have a feature called Caller Name Id, that will allow you to report and block spam callers. You can learn more about this feature here, http://spr.ly/6583DvOHJ;

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

they may not ring but many times you still have to clear a bogus voicemail!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearone21 wrote:

they may not ring but many times you still have to clear a bogus voicemail!

True, but it is less hassle for me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

not me, still have to unlock, call vm-delete!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely odd, bearone21. What happens when you leave your device on to charge? Does a similar situation occur?

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
willhelp2
Enthusiast - Level 2

When it comes to spams, there are apps you can use. I believe there is no single phone that will block spams. Also there is this donotcall.gov site where you can register your number. Once your number is listed, then spam calls will be now illegal since that site is a government site and businesses has to follow the Do Not Call list. Registering your number there will now give you the option to complain about any spam calls you get after registration. The registration can take up to 30 days before it takes effect. It's a long wait.

I also get spams for years now. I tried changing my number but spams didn't stop. I won't suggest you change your number. It won't help. I just stopped answering calls. If I miss a call, they leave a voicemail then I call them and tell them to text me next time since I am avoiding calls now. Voice messages by spammers are easy to detect once you hear their sale talk in the beginning. The moment I hear that, I delete the message without hearing the entire message. Most of them stopped calling me. I still get new spammers but not as much as before. I am not sure if my method caused that to happen. I won't suggest that you stop answering calls since there are important calls.

You can try the Do Not Call list and see if that one works for you. You can also search the Play Store for any good apps. Try to get the free ones since buying one might end up with a useless app. Good luck.

0 Likes