I am receiving about 10-15 scam phone calls per day since switching from ATT to Verizon.
Lunasash
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am receiving about 10-15 scam phone calls per day since switching from ATT to Verizon.  I have had the same number for 13 years and have never had this problem.  I don't fill in information on websites or do other risky behaviors.  Can verizon please solve this problem. I can block them on my phone and just get 10-15 "phone call blocked" messages but these are still annoying.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am receiving about 10-15 scam phone calls per day since switching from ATT to Verizon.
rcschnoor
Legend

No, it is unlikely Verizon can solve your problem. How did you make the switch to Verizon? In a Verizon store? Best Buy? Walmart? Other retailer?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am receiving about 10-15 scam phone calls per day since switching from ATT to Verizon.
rcschnoor
Legend

No, it is unlikely Verizon can solve your problem. How did you make the switch to Verizon? In a Verizon store? Best Buy? Walmart? Other retailer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls is so ...unwanted! Let's work together to explore options to get these calls eliminated Lunasash. How many different numbers are you getting calls from? While some devices allow calls to be block directly on the phone, we have a temporary option for you to check out. http://spr.ly/6588B9DiA

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone solicitations I receive are from different numbers each time, I think.

Do I really need to block each one of them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rljablon,

I know this can be a discouraging process, but it would be the best option to stop the calls from coming in as a temporary resolution. You can also ask that they do not call you and to be placed on the national do not call list.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GRUP123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched nu phone number from a Charter land line to Verizon wireless at a Verizon store. I am on the US do not call list and on the Wisconsin do not call list.  Since the switch I get 2 to 3 scam calls a day. Each call is from a different location in the US.  My phone number did not change between Charter and Verizon.  We have had this same phone number for 26 years.  We went to a verizon store to complain and they said there is nothing that they can do.  Charter must have been doing something to block the calls.   I would think that if a call is originating from a location which doesn't match the caller ID being sent then Verizon should be able to block it. 

I am very disappointed that Verizon is not taking the same actions to block scammers as other carriers appear to have done.  

rcschnoor
Legend

Have you gone to the donotcall registry and checked to make sure your number is still registered? There are times when you may need to do so. For example, from the donotcall.gov website it states one of those times would possibly be

"If your number is disconnected and then reconnected, you might need to re-register. You also might need to re-register if you change calling plans or change the billing name on your account. To verify that your number is in the Registry, go to www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222."

When you change providers, your number may be determined to have been "disconnected" and then "reconnected" OR that your calling plan changed BOTH of which may have un-registered your number. You may want to check to confirm your number is still registered or simply go thru the registration process again just to make sure.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you ported the number from at&t to verizon, it's more of a tie to the former service.

0 Likes
Lunasash
Enthusiast - Level 2

With my phone I ported from ATT to T mobile then to Verizon, I never had this problem before having verizon for a few months.  I did also notice an increase after going on the do not call list.  It sucks but I have to block each number and never answer my phone.

0 Likes
Re: I am receiving about 10-15 fake phone calls per day since switching from ATT to Verizon.
billov

Its 100% verizons fault, as a Cyber Security expert who is now going through the same issues we are notifying the feds, our senator and BBB of this.  it has been an issue with this carrier for some time and they dont care as they make money on the call

I suggest everyone do the same , its the only way Verizon will do something.  I had sprint, Tmobile, ATT and now verizon with same number for 10+yrs only on verizon did this start occurring. our home voip phone vendor has a solution and we can maybe 1 a month down from 30.. so its the carrier

0 Likes