I can send, but cannot receive text messages
MicahD

I have not been able to receive text messages over the past few months. This issue has only been brought to light as I have been able to successfully send them and most my contacts use calling, IM, or other means of communication to respond. However, I looked at the texting history of one my contacts and saw discrepancies dating back to months ago where they sent a response I never got. I only recently became aware when I never got SMS verification for several 2FA services. I have tried powering on and off the phone, putting in airplane mode and back, resetting network settings, clearing SMS app's cache, and no change.

0 Likes
Re: I can send, but cannot receive text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MicahD, your messages are important and we want to ensure that you receive them all. You have taken some great steps to get to the bottom of this. Which make and model phone is this? Do you happen to connect to Wi-Fi regularly? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software to the phone around the time that this began? 

-LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I can send, but cannot receive text messages
MicahD

I was able to solve the issue by talking to a technician. It turns out the phone's IMEI was not updated on Verizon's end when I changed the SIM card. Giving them this number solved the issue.

0 Likes