I can't activate HD calling or send MMS messages
brikeast92

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge yesterday (11/25). I got the phone at Best Buy. I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 before. I tried to activate Advanced Calling but when I push Activate it says "We encountered a problem activating Advanced Calling 1.0. Please try again later."

I've tried setting my network to Global and LTE/CDMA. Doesn't work on either.

Also, I can't access the My Verizon App. It says I've been locked out, even though I can access my account online.

As far as the MMS messages go, all of my data is working on the phone. I can use the internet, I can send SMS messages, and I can make phone calls. But every time I try to send a picture, it tries for a little bit then fails and says Invalid Destination Address, which I know it's not because I can send SMS messages just fine and I checked to make sure I have all ten digits in the contact, and I do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't activate HD calling or send MMS messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was this an upgrade on the same line of service? Did you get a new SIM card as part of the process? Is the HD Voice feature activated on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brikeast92

Same line of service-yes.

New SIM card- yes.

Activated on my line- Yes, just not my phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either the SIM card wasn't activated completely or the Verizon server side is messed up. I would suggest calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone and ask them to reset your HD Voice feature and MMS feature on your line. You might want them to check all the features. Once they have done that, they should ask you to reboot the phone so the SIM card can reestablish its connection to the Verizon Wireless network and receive the latest instructions for your line from the VZW server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brikeast92,

I depend on HD calling and picture messages every day. When you have your WiFi turned off, does 4G show at the top of your phone? Are you able to receive picture messages?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brikeast92

4G does appear.

I had my friend sean seND me a picture. it went through, but it appeared as a group message between sean and my phone number.

I must mention that even though my sim card was taken out of my old phone, it's still receiving all my text messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details brikeast92. We will continue working together towards a resolution. It is definitely strange that your messages are going to your old phone. Are you having any trouble with calls on your new device? Have you checked your My Verizon account online to be sure the correct SIM card number is active to your line? You can verify the SIM number by removing the SIM from the device using these steps http://vz.to/2fFMAFm

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were you using Verizon Messages+ application on the old phone?

0 Likes
Jefra05

This is happening to me as well. I am beyond frustrated with this phone and I've only had it for 2 days. I came from an s4, so I am familiar with galaxy phones. No pictures will send, my phone number in about phone is 000-000-0000, and the same thing happened with the incoming picture coming in as a group message. I hope Verizon can figure this out soon...I dislike this phone already.

0 Likes
Jefra05

Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

0 Likes