I can't respond to e-mails
DELERI20
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few days ago, I tried to answer an e-mail. I got a box saying "Loading messages" with a circle just going around and around. I hit the back button, and I was able to type my message. But when I tried to send it, I got the same thing:  "Loading messages." It would never complete. I deleted several messages, but that didn't solve the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't respond to e-mails
VETTESIGHT

My wife is having the exact same issue with her Galaxy S4.  I tried deleting the email account and then reinstalling it.  I tried clearing the email cache and the phone cache. No help.  This just started out of the blue for no apparent reason.  She can send new messages, but cannot reply or forward.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
DELERI20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to the Verizon store. They finally figured out that I need to install the Outlook mail app. Then I openede up my email through that app, and it works fine. I found this confirmed on another thread.

0 Likes
VETTESIGHT

Using the Outlook app is fine if you use one of their supported email clients. We use Spectrum for a POP3 account and not one of the “standard” formats like Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. Still looking to fix what was working just fine several days ago.

0 Likes
IndianLake

I agree, I too am looking for a working solution to having the stock mail program work like it had. I read somewhere else that the problem started with many others when an upgrade of sorts went out. The person worked backwards and removed the update and it fixed it. But a day or two later, the program re-updated itself, and also started the e-mail problem all over again.

Help!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

K@ Mail is the best email app for Android.

0 Likes