I don't find the USB connected tab to copy photos when I drag down the window shade
DMCSL

I cannot find the "USB connected" tab when I drag down the window shade on my Droid phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I don't find the USB connected tab to copy photos when I drag down the window shade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMCSL,

Making sure your device is able to recognize when a USB has been connected to it is a priority. Allow us to review. From your device please go to the settings, depending on the model Droid you have , please scroll towards the bottom of the settings screen. From here please select the option that says “Developer options” you will need to tap on this option multiple times for the nest screen to open. Once you are in the developer option screen please turn on “USB debugging” once this is completed please restart your device and reconnect to your computer. Please share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I don't find the USB connected tab to copy photos when I drag down the window shade
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you try another USB port?

stef7
Master - Level 2

As luck would have it, this afternoon, I had to pull two photos off my phone and onto my laptop. I followed my own advice, and lo-and-behold... it didn't work!

Here's the thing though, I realized the USB cable I was using was not the one that came with the phone. It was essentially a charging only cable that came with a BT headphone. Not all USB cables are created equal. Some are in fact for charging only. Some will support charging, but at slower speeds. Some will provide for charging and for data transfer.

I used the cable that came with my phone and had no problem.

Anyway -  the take-away should be to try the following:

1). Reboot the phone. Try again.

2). Make sure you are using the cable that came with the phone.

If you're not sure, you might have to hunt up another cable... one known to work with someone else's               phone on their computer.

3). Try using another USB port. Do not use a USB port on the Keyboard or the Monitor.

4). Reboot the computer and try again.

You can also try another person's phone. Or you can try your phone and cable with someone else's computer.

Now then, there is a known problem with USB ports on Windows computers, that then will not recognize ANY devices plugged into them. There is a means to delete the USB hub in Device Manager and reboot the computer to have the computer re-add the USB hub. You can Google that if none of the above worked.

Hope it helps.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your input. I would have to agree with your here. Your steps are accurate and to the point. Keep up the great work on the forum.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes