I downloaded the File Transfer app to my iMac hoping that I would be able to transfer photos from my LG G4. However, when I link the phone to the iMac via the LG USB connector, after launching File Transfer I get a message that no Android device is recogn
DrH_

I downloaded the Android File Transfer app to my iMac hoping that I would be able to transfer photos from my LG G4. However, when I link the phone to the iMac via the LG USB connector, after launching File Transfer I get a message that no Android device is recognized. I got the same response when I launched the Mac  'Image Capture' app' Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I downloaded the File Transfer app to my iMac hoping that I would be able to transfer photos from my LG G4. However, when I link the phone to the iMac via the LG USB connector, after launching File Transfer I get a message that no Android device is re
vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi - I have had this issue on and off and found it to sometimes not work at all for no good reason. I've ended up setting the micro-SD card as the default storage for the camera app so I can just pull it out and use the SD port on my Macbook. - it's way easier that way. I usually have no issues connecting to a Windows based PC.

First thing to check is to make sure the cable you're connecting with has data transfer capabilities and is not a 'charge only' cable. Second is to make sure the phone is not on the lock screen and the phone is not in standby mode. If transferring a lot of data I'd adjust my screen timeout settings to avoid it going into standby mid-transfer.

In the storage settings of the phone there's an option for "mount USB storage" that worked for me a couple of times.

And, for reasons unknown, I've gotten it to work by rebooting both my Macbook and my phone.

0 Likes