I erased my calendar on the htc Incredible I...can I get it back??
kshelt20

Hi, I recently got the Razr M and was trying to figure out how to sync my calendar on the htc Incredible so that I could pull it up on my new phone. Now I deleted everything by accident! Can I get it back? And also how do I back it up(if I can get it back) so I can move it to my RAZR M?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I erased my calendar on the htc Incredible I...can I get it back??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning kshelt20.

I'm sorry to learn you deleted your calendar and now unable to sync with new Razr. Let's see what we can do here to get your calendar back! Did you do a Hard Reset on the HTC? Did you have everything backed up to Google/ Gmail? If so, you can sign into your Gmail account, and sync with phone. (Or which ever application you had it on.) Please try this and keep us posted if you were able to successfully sync your calendar.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

vanessaS is correct. if you had been syncing to your google/gmail account, then just sign in to that account on your razr and open the calendar and sync it (or it may be in the settings somewhere). many people sync there calendar with google without even realizing it. however, if you only used the inc's calendar and did not sync it, then you likely won't be able to retrieve it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I use Google calendar.  It syncs to my laptop, phone, and 2 tablets.  It really works well.

0 Likes
kshelt20

I did not intentionally sync it with my gmail, but I thought the phone was set up that way.  But on the new phone, when I go into the gmail(which I rarely use, so am not too familiar with), I see nowhere to find a calendar. It was just the htc calendar, not some app calendar that I was using.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Google has several web based applications including Google Mail (gmail) and Google Calendar.  If you were not using Google Calendar, then your calendar information is not somehow magically saved there.  Android phones have calendar apps of their own that save a calendar on the phone itself.  I think some can be sync'd to archive a copy somewhere or sync a copy onto another device, such as your computer.  If you did not set it up to do that, I doubt you can going to find it somewhere, IDK.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

most calendars have the option so sync it with google (like my samsung has it's own calendar, but i can sync it with google calendar), but as Horses547 mentioned, you have to tell it to do so.

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

My wife is using the HTC Incredible and had the same issue. Her phone simply ran out of power and had to be re-synced to the network (*228 Option 1) which reactivated her phone, but that cleared out her contacts/calendar etc. I had her synced to Google and so once I had her put her gmail info back in it synced everything back for her. She is hard on phones so I learned years ago to be sure everything in linked to google for her. I switch phones a lot, so I do the same for myself. One of the reasons I like Android is that I never lose my contacts etc and anything I forget to sync via Google VZW Backup Assist seems to handle.

0 Likes