I get a message, insufficient storage. What should I do?
JanMW

I get a message, insufficient storage.  I also cannot send emails.  What should I do?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I get a message, insufficient storage. What should I do?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Best solution besides getting an SD Card into the phone, is to copy photos and videos taken with the camera off of the phone to a computer, and to also back it up to a cloud storage service. Safer place for that stuff rather than a phone.

If you have a pending software update for your phone, free up enough space to install the update, and then install it. This will help free up a significant amount of space if the update has already downloaded.

Finally, remove any unneeded apps from the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
efrommel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm getting the same message on my Note 4, I have not done new update.

Hopefully you'll get an answer, I've been trying to research and fix this

for a couple weeks!

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to see that you are getting a message that indicates insufficient storage, efrommel. This message commonly displays when your phone’s memory is low and your phone’s free storage falls below 10%. I recommend backing up your pictures/videos to your computer, external hard rive, or a cloud service and then delete those saved pictures/videos from your phone.

I also recommend using the Verizon Cloud to backup your phone’s information: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/?task=cloud

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

add an sd card

0 Likes
efrommel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm pretty sure I have everything backed up to Verizon cloud, i know you

get 5gb free, but I have a Concession line thru my employer, so part of

that is i get 25gb free on Verizon Cloud, but when I check to see how much

room I have available on cloud is only showing the 5gb, and of that I only

have a little over a GB left, is there a way to look "In" my Verizon Cloud

to see what's backed up & also check to see if I truly only have 5GB?  I

want to double check that I have everything I want backed up in there,

before I delete them from my phone. Thank you.

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that has to be bothersome, JanMW. Lets get those emails sending again. When do the error messages appear? Have you tried clearing out your Trash and Spam boxes already?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi efrommel! We'd like to look into this further. I've sent you a private message. Please respond when you're able.
JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Best solution besides getting an SD Card into the phone, is to copy photos and videos taken with the camera off of the phone to a computer, and to also back it up to a cloud storage service. Safer place for that stuff rather than a phone.

If you have a pending software update for your phone, free up enough space to install the update, and then install it. This will help free up a significant amount of space if the update has already downloaded.

Finally, remove any unneeded apps from the phone.

0 Likes