Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I get horrible service in my home in the 75098 zip code using Samsung S3. Often i get '0' bars or at most 1 bar. Frequently it drops from 4G to 3G to No G. This manifests itself in poor call quality and frequent dropped calls. And forget about video o
sagramonte

I get horrible service in my home in the 75098 zip code using Galaxy Samsung S3.  Often i get '0' bars or at most 1 bar.  Frequently it drops from 4G to 3G to No G.  This manifests itself in poor call quality and frequent dropped calls.  And forget about video or audio streaming.  I don't think this is a phone problem per se because when i am in another part of the city i get 4 bars and good call and data quality.  I have put up with this near noexistant service for the life of my 2-year contract but my contract is up in 6 weeks.  Looking for a solution to this or i will consider another carrier when my contract is up.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I get horrible service in my home in the 75098 zip code using Samsung S3. Often i get '0' bars or at most 1 bar. Frequently it drops from 4G to 3G to No G. This manifests itself in poor call quality and frequent dropped calls. And forget about vid
adas_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want you to have the best service possible in your area sagramonte. Let's work on this and figure out what's going on here. I looked into the area, coverage is solid. Do  you notice this is a problem more so inside your home or around your home? If so, how far do you have to go to to receive consistent service?

AdaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I get horrible service in my home in the 75098 zip code using Samsung S3. Often i get '0' bars or at most 1 bar. Frequently it drops from 4G to 3G to No G. This manifests itself in poor call quality and frequent dropped calls. And forget about vid
sagramonte

Hello, this is a problem inside my home.  I can go about 80 feet from the house before i get 3 bars.  If i get a mile or 2 from the house i get 4 bars.  I need to get this problem resolved before my contract renews in 3 weeks or i may have to consider another carrier.

I know Verizon offers a network extender but this is not an option for me because:

1) It costs $249.  I should not have to pay "extra" to get excellent service i am already paying for.

2) It only supports 3G signal.  What about 4G LTE?  I am paying for that signal on my phone.

0 Likes
michelleh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate the additional details sagramonte. It definitely sounds like it's a problem mainly indoors. In this case, the network extender may help improve service indoors. At this time, this is the only model we have for a network extender, I apologize for the inconvenience. If you're interested, I'm happy to review options to purchase it; if so, please reply to my Direct Message.

Thanks,

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sagramonte

Thank you no.  I refuse to pay extra for excellent service i am already paying for and should be receiving.   I am going to wait until my contract is up (in about 3 weeks) and select a new phone on the off chance that the problem is with my phone and not Verizon's network. 

If during the grace period i determine that service has not markedly improved, i will switch carriers.

0 Likes