I got a new phone (HTC6515LVW) and am unable to pair it with the Sync on my Ford Explorer. I was able to successfully
shadob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone experienced this and how do I fix it? I do a lot of driving and conduct both business and personal conversations while driving. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I got a new phone (HTC6515LVW) and am unable to pair it with the Sync on my Ford Explorer. I was able to successfully
shadob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get it to connect by moving to a different spot. Thanks for everyone's help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I got a new phone (HTC6515LVW) and am unable to pair it with the Sync on my Ford Explorer. I was able to successfully
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What year is your Ford Explorer? I'm guessing when you say Sync, you mean pairing it with the stereos Bluetooth?

0 Likes
shadob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you are correct that is what I mean. It's a 2014.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

what happens when you try?

0 Likes
shadob
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone continues to scan with no result (i.e. it can't locate the Ford bluetooth). I get a PIN from Sync to use on my phone from Sync (for when the phone finds it). The phone scans for several minutes before indicating that it doesn't recognize any device.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would delete the cache and data of the bluetooth app - found in application manager perhaps. From there restart your device and give it another try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shadob, driving hands free is the safe way to enjoy your phone while in your car. We definitely want you to be able to pair the phone with your vehicle. Miihe, you have provided excellent troubleshooting and you are most appreciated! It sounds like the issue lies with the bluetooth in the car itself, not the device. My best recommendation is to check the owner's manual for the car or contact the dealership for assistance with the bluetooth in the vehicle.
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shadob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all. MiiHere has been very helpful Unfortunately, I was neither able to find where I can delete the cache and I have tried. I have restarted my phone a number of times; I have deleted my old phone from the car's bluetooth. I have consulted my owners manual even before I posted here and have walked through the same instructions as when I set up my last Android phone (which was a Samsung). That was super easy, which is why I'm really bothered it's not going well this time around! I think I will need to go back to the retail store and have them help me with it. Thanks again for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We regret to learn that this issue with syncing your phone with vehicle is still continuing, shadob. We definitely want you to be able to take advantage of all the features your device offers. Help is here. To clear the cache for an application, please refer to the following link: http://vz.to/1X78YZH After this has been done, please test and confirm the results.
JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shadob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get it to connect by moving to a different spot. Thanks for everyone's help!

0 Likes