I hate my phone since forced update!!
MARPAL48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate what my LG V20 is like now since forced update. Why do they have to keep fixing stuff that isnt broken???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I hate my phone since forced update!!
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

To answer your question: Bug fixes, security patches, and software feature enhancements.

I'm happy Verizon is allowing us to update our phones. When I had a Verizon Windows phone, they rarely allowed patches to be pushed out. It was maddening to see other brands with newer OS versions.

My V20 stopped charging batteries since the Oreo update. Well, the phone is confused about what the battery level is. This is with trying multiple Fast Charge plugs, USB-C cables, and batteries. As well, it might be the charging jack on my phone. To replace it requires me to replace the $150 motherboard if it is shot.

I'm thinking that (for me) now is the prime time to upgrade my V20 to a V30 or a G7. Right now, VZW will give me $100 for this POS and then I can get wireless charging with a newer phone.

Note that the LG V40 was announced and will be released by LG to the public at the end of this month. Perhaps it will be available from VZW in Nov/Dec. It retails at $900 and has five (5) cameras - ridiculous. To the point, when VZW starts offering it, they may stop offering the $100 trade-in on the LG V20. Just guessing here.

Best wishes and good luck.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what changed?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are important to help the over all efficiency of your phone, but, not fun when things don't go right. Thanks for reaching out to us here today, MARPAL48. Can we hear more about what you are experiencing after this most recent update? 

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to absolutely love your phone. Updates are supposed to enhance your device, not hinder it. We are here to assist. What's going on with your device exactly? 

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

PURPLEROSE_NC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate it too! Now I can't unload pic on the FB app, sometimes you can't reply to a text. I keep getting the box where a lot of apps are not working. Then it closes the app.

Fiskwill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forced update and now many of my apps (facebook, whatsapp, message+) cannot upload photos from gallery. App links to gallery with no photos and then restarts app. The canned answers dont resolve.

RIPPEDSTANG05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem also..

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

PURPLEROSE_NC,

That's too much to work around. Let's take this one step at a time. Updates are all about compatibility. Please be sure that all apps are updated on your phone, then test the sames functions. What happens? Just in case: Check for Updates - My Verizon app | Verizon Wireless

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Fiskwill
Enthusiast - Level 2

All apps are updated, still no joy